Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sugar Paste Motor Bike

automaton pianist

piano meccanico Today I went back for a second time to visit the beautiful exhibition of mechanical musical instruments (collected by 'Industrial Romagna Marino Marini), held in Bologna in Via Farini on the porch in front of the "Cassa di Risparmio di Bologna" who oversaw the preparation of the exhibition.
I had brought the camera and I photographed everything there was to be photographed with the kind cooperation of the young keeper who has helped me to temporarily remove the tape spacers that I would have prevented a decent recovery of the instruments.
Click here or on the picture to see the photos in the form of show.
In returning home, walking along the arcades I walk every day in thought, I thought this limerick about the most significant of the day: a jazz concert of the automaton, sitting at the piano rolls, you see nearby.
There was an old piano player of modest talent
with a plan that became a mechanical marvel
was enough for him to pretend to wage
hands to make the best of all the songs the incomparable
talented performer



0 comments:

Post a Comment